Contact Lenses for Convenient Vision Correction
Studies suggest that approximately half of American adults have a refractive error that impairs their vision. For patients who find wearing glasses inconvenient, or who just can’t find a pair of frames they’re comfortable with, Innovative Eyecare offers a wide array of contact lenses.
Contacts work by becoming the first refractive surface that encounters light entering the eye, creating a more precise refraction. For many patients, contact lenses provide clearer vision in a less obtrusive way than traditional frames. There are multiple types of contact lenses; Dr. Teichmiller will help you find the pair that’s right for you.
- Gas-permeable lenses: for patients with severe vision impairments, these lenses are worn all the time to enhance sight.
- Silicone hydrogels: soft lenses that increase oxygen to the cornea, which can help prevent a number of eye conditions.
- Soft lenses: one of the most popular types of lenses, these must be replaced daily, weekly or monthly, depending on the product. These lenses fit close to the eye and do not dislodge easily, making them ideal for athletes or patients whose jobs require a lot of movement.
- Multifocal lenses: similar to bifocal glasses; for wearers who suffer from both nearsightedness and farsightedness.
- Color contact lenses: these lenses transform the color of your eyes while providing clearer vision
Have you been told that you cannot wear contact lenses because of an irregularly shaped cornea? Good news: Dr. Teichmiller can fit you with scleral lenses that are specially designed to extend over the corneal structure and rest on the whites (the sclera) of the eyes. These lenses come in variety of sizes and can be useful for a number of special considerations, like dry eyes or post-LASIK care.
Specialty Contact Lenses
Innovative Eyecare is excited to provide the latest in specialty lenses, including Ortho-K, ChromaGen and Paragon CRT. These lenses run the gamut from correcting your vision while you sleep to gently reshaping your cornea during wear. To learn more about these lenses, visit our services page or call us at (256) 353-1871.
Get Fitted for Contact Lenses Today!
Tired of wearing glasses? Schedule an eye exam at our Decatur location. Stop by or call us at (256) 353-1871 to discuss the lenses that are right for your look and lifestyle. We look forward to meeting you!